Monday, July 6, 2009

My 1st Triathlon

On Saturday July 4th me and 2 of my closest friends, Missy and Raquel did a sprint triathlon. It was something I have wanted to do for awhile......maybe not a triathlon but some kind of bike race. Raquel asked me in April if I wanted to do it with her and I just laughed and said I am not a good swimmer and definitely not a runner. As you can see I have proven myself wrong.....not that I am good at either of these sports, but I did finish and am thankful I did it. The day started by setting up our transition station and then off to pick up our registration packet. The race began with a 1/2 mile swim along Howard Amon park and then a 12 mile mountain bike ride and then a 3.1 mile run. It was definitely hard but so worth it. I came in at 1 hour 30 minutes.....I was 5th in my age group 30-34.......and 29th overall in the women's division. I couldn't have done it without my two bestest friends, my sweet little family, my in-laws and all you others that supported me......thanks for believing in me! The 3 Triathletes

The Crazy Swim........so ccccoooooollllllddddd!




Me in the orange cap getting out of the water.....I made it!
Back from the biking
Finishing the race......run Forest run!

1:30....5th in my age group.....YES!

So Happy to see my biggest fans!

We all made it!


My sweet family and biggest support!


Thankfully my in-laws helped out a ton!


Raquel won 1st place in her age group! Way to go Girl!


Our transition station!



No comments: